Saturday, November 21, 2009

luck vs. fortune

I don' t think of myself as lucky. I feel that I have gotten the shit end of the stick a lot of times and have just taken it as it comes. Actually, I've taken it with my pants down, bent over, raw as fuck to be honest.

Wait. Scratch that. I am kinda lucky. I got lucky in love and family. Can't deny that. EVER.

Start over. I don't think of myself as fortunate. I feel incredibly unfortunate a lot of days. I think that Husband and I have been let down and have had some very serious unfortunate situations. Money is almost gone, no job leads, 3 babies and no stable income, economy is failing us, family support is off and so on. It's been very draining and I am tired of feeling pity on our situation. So, with that being said I have decided that days like this, where I say "yea, thats my luck" regarding whatever is happening at that moment, that I will try to merge Lady Luck and The Fortune of the Universe....in doing that- I will play the lotto. I will buy a $1 quick pick and try my Luck of Life out and maybe Fortune will follow. Maybe I am setting myself up for another let down, but every time I buy a ticket, I will remember that $ doesnt equal happiness. Love does.

I can think of one friend in particular. She and her bf are rolling in dough. BiG BuCkS. They have live this lavish ass life. They take random vacas everywhere, get great seats to shows, buy LV purses, wallets, shoes like crazy, shopping sprees, lots of high ranking cars, etc....Its actually annoying and at times I find myself green with envy. But when I talk to her, she is miserable. Horribly miserable. And when I ask her why she doesnt leave and move on, she says because she likes the lifestyle and cant afford the rent on her own. ummm, no thanks. I rather live my life counting every last penny, squeezing out every last drop of toothpaste, bargin shopping at the hospice, wearing hand me downs from the sissypoo, loving the hell out of my husband, smothering my kids to death, being there for them like crazy and feeling blessed with the simpleness of life.

Whoever said "Go Big or Go Home" obviously was masking his/her unhappiness in labels and reputation.

Today- I know the difference between Luck and Fortune....and again, I AM LUCKY.

No comments:

Post a Comment